contrast causes eye strain

This forum is solely used for discussions on updates on the Test Server.

contrast causes eye strain

Postby karenswoose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:11 am

Sorry to disappoint you Moshu, but the new colour scheme is not less stressful on the eyes. The high contrast between the dark background and the light information and message boxes cause more eyestrain than the previous screen did after you fixed it. I logged in tonight after a long day at work and didn't even play the game because the screen bothered my eyes. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Also, I couldn't find the full screen button. Where did you move it?
karenswoose

Re: contrast causes eye strain

Postby belruff » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 am

Fullscreen, if you look just above your storage capacity bar , there are 2 darkish icons volume is 1 and fullscreen is other, and hit esc to exit.
belruff

Postby karenswoose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks, Belruff, but can't find either of those icons. Right above my storage capacity bar I have the old icons for fuel, harness power, firewood and hay. Should there be something else there or am I looking in the wrong place? I'm not seeing any darkish icons at all.
karenswoose

Postby Keen » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 pm

You are looking in the wrong place...

You see it above the storage capacity bar, just as Bellruf says. That is the red line (if your silo is full) on the upper right side of the screen. In the green colour above it you see a loudspeaker icon and a square icon with a line across. That is the full screen modus icon. It is there for a while, also on the other servers.
It works fine, but when you go to the market and you come back, the farm is small again...

Hope you find it :D
Keen

Postby Keen » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:07 pm

In the new test farm the icon is in the bottom right corner....
Keen

Postby karenswoose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks Keen, I finally found it just before I read your post. I kept looking at the top where all the other icons are, so I never scrolled to the bottom of the page till I actually started playing the game. Then, lo and behold, there it was.
karenswoose

Postby Erna » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Same here, pretty tough on the eyes especially if you have been to school or work in front of a screen. If please the black could be removed, also for the pop-ups from the workshops?
It also makes my farm pretty small since you can not look 'through' the info-screen anymore. I know I can change my settings but if I change those I will have more problems on other sites......
Oh and the storage a bit bigger, these fonts are really small and since I am usually close to the max it's a tiny bit difficult for my old eyes.. :lol:

But I LOVE the fact you have made the Eating Food in order from endurance!!! Thank you soooooo much for that!! :D :D
Erna

Postby springbok7 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Playing around with the screens some more, I have to agree that the message dialogs are too bright. High contrast is the causer of eye strain lol! Also, the text on the ingredient list for the workshops needs to be darker, it's hard to read the light blue against the bright yellow/cream/whatever colour that background is LOL! :D

EDIT:
forgot to add, something is annoying with the login textbox. It has "Login" defaulted, but when you click in it, "Login" text remains rather than a blank box. I've ended up trying to log in as "Login" a number of times already now. :?
springbok7

Postby karenswoose » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:25 am

More on eye strain: Black letters on a light background is much easier on the eyes than light letters on a dark background. And too many contrasting things on one page is just jarring--light background, very light info box with, and dark black shadow around everything. I've now tried for 2 days, and I find myself just barely getting my farm watered and want to log out. I have to force myself to use up my endurance,, which I do as quickly as possible and then log out. No more checking out the farm to see what looks interesting and what I might do next. I haven't even looked at the road or any of the new land. I just need to get off and rest my eyes.
karenswoose

Postby crasi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:18 am

Add another person to the now has eye strain list.
crasi

Next

Return to Test Forum