a few more update bugs

This forum is solely used for discussions on updates on the Test Server.

Re: a few more update bugs

Postby Moshu-X » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:18 pm

I tried to fix that bug, hope it won't happen again ;)
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby karenswoose » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:32 pm

And here are a couple more nitpiks (just want to keep you busy):

1. Since the exchange board doesn't let you write anymore, a coop member asked for beef on the coop log and said he had put up oranges to exchange. I went to the board and found the oranges, but I forgot how many beef he needed, so I had to go back to the coop log, scroll down to find his message, then go back to the exchange and find his oranges to post the beef. Before, I could find the oranges and he would have written how many beef he needed on the orange exchange so I could just get on with the trade.

3. The eat food doesn't have a repeat action button.message, so no back and forthing. Doesn't add much time, but it adds up. Plus, it does add significant clicking on things, and now that I am having some carpal tunnel issues with my wrists, fewer clicks is a definite benefit.

2. The coop log seems to be double spaced between messages. That does make the messages easier to read, but it means that there are not many messages displayed at once. Since there is only one log now, a lot of stuff happens every day, so it is easy for messages to go unread or get forgotten. The beef request I just mentioned was made yesterday, and today, because of so many people accomplishing missions etc., had to scroll down to find the request. If I had not remembered it was there, it would have gotten lost. So, I suggest removing the extra space so that more stuff can be shown on the log at once. (Since each item is preceded by the date, the added line isn't really necessary.) Or make the font a bit smaller so that more fits in the space.

4. I don't know if this is possible, but it would help if the inventory lists were continuously scrollable like the old one was, in addition to scrollable by the whole page. If I want to see what intermediary products I need to buy, I used to be able to scroll to that section in the general inventory and see at a glance, but now, if they happen to be on a different page, I have to look at them separately. I know I can go to just the intermediary inventory to check, but then if I want to check on feed, I would need to go to that page separately too. Again, more time and more clicks.

5. On the exchange board, it would be nice to have the * button like in the inventory so we could sort through our items. Sometimes I get a backlog of products and I would like to be able to see which ones were nearing expiration so I could trade them easily.

6. Mail messages: In general, I like the new email message interface. It is nice to be able to see whole conversations. However, there is no longer a way to delete only 1 mail message from a particular player. You can only delete all of the messages. So if you have some messages that are no longer relevant (like requests for mission items that you already traded) and some that are still important to keep, you have to keep all of them. This clutters up the email space.

7. In the fertilize box, the fertilizers are aren't grouped together, either by like item or by star quality. The random list makes it difficult to find what you want if you have a lot of different fertilizers. Same thing for the fungicides/pesticides.

7/20
8. I mentioned earlier that when I fertilize, the resistances don't show the new levels till I log out and then back in. You said it had been fixed, but when I fertilized today, it was only partially fixed. The fertility rate and the growth rate were correct. However before I fertilized, the cold resistance was 137 and the drought resistance was 157. After I fertilized both cold and drought resistances dropped to 100. And unlike before, logging out and back in didn't correct the numbers. So I fertilized against the coming cold weather only to be left worse off than I was before. Note: This only seems to happen to permanent crops. When I plant a new crop and fertilize, the everything seems correct.

9. The coop log looks like is has a coop message section again because there is when I type a message and send it, it appears in a second box underneath the old messages. But, when I go out of messages and then come back, my message has moved to the top list of everything again. Is this supposed to happen?

10. The Z key doesn't show the collect honey icon. Did it ever? I can't remember.
Last edited by karenswoose on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karenswoose

Postby Moshu-X » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:19 pm

1.The Coop logs has a tad smaller font and superflous spaces between messages has been removed, the player messages has been separated from the general coop logs. Isn't it easier that coop member sends a message to each members of the coop or just to a few of the other members to ask for a certain produce?

2.Same as above

3.There is now a repeat eat button

4.Do you mean a 'see all' in you inventory button? It is already possible, and by categories if needed.

5.The * should be available for each categories of produce.

6.It's possible to be done, but I will need more time.

7.Fertilizers should be grouped together now and sorted by quality

8.I've actually corrected the 'nice' bug where resistances for plants and livestock went beyond 100% ... will this be a game changer?

9.It's supposed to stay on the lower box normally, let me know if it is still happening

10. It never did actually, since there are a very limited number of hives, it's easy to check if the honey is collected or not.
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby karenswoose » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:16 pm

1. The log is much, much better, thanks. As for general requests, it is more efficient to ask for stuff on the coop logs because it is always there for people to see whenever they go to the log. If someone sends me mail, I see it on the day it comes, but I don't see it the next day unless I remember and go looking for it. And unless I get mail that day, I might not go to my mailbox at all. So if I have to wait a couple of days to fulfill a request, I am more likely to forget about it before it gets filled. Most people in my coop anyway, check the log everyday, so things don't get forgotten as much.

4. This is about the scrolling ability, not what you can see in particular box. Normally when you scroll, you scroll through the items one by one (the top item disappears as another item appears at the bottom of the list), so at any point you can stop scrolling and have a certain section of the list on the screen at once. In the updated version, the arrows don't actually scroll-rather they turn pages. That is, if I press on the scroll down arrow, the 13 items in the window disappear and the next 13 items replace them. So if I want to look at all my grains, for example, to figure out what feed to make, and they are items 6 through 18 in the inventory, I can never see them in one window. I have to keep toggling back and forth between the pages showing items 1-13 and the next page showing items 14-27. This is just a nit, but it does add more clicking and more time.

5. While it is available for the individual categories, If I want to trade, say anything with fewer than 10 days till expiry, I have to click on the category, then click on the sort button twice (or click once and scroll down) to see what's expiring. Then do the same for every category. If there were a general * like in the inventory I could just click on that and then the sort button twice. Another nit, but adds clicks and time.

8. The resistances are important. I know that in the real world, things don't have more than 100% resistance to cold, but in the real world one could put out smudge pots or move plants to make up for it. In the game world, the only way to increase resistance is to fertilize and you can only do that once a season. Moreover, if for some reason you don't log on when the seasons change, the fertilize icon doesn't appear, so you miss the next season's fertilizing. Since the crops lose resistance every day, if they start at only 100%, then at best, by the end of the season they are down to 84%. If the weather gets really cold, this means big losses. With permanent crops, we can prune to take care of loss, but with annual ones, it might make the difference between getting that extra harvest of cereal or only part of it. That can make a big difference, especially if you have lots of animals or are relying on a crop for a mission.

7/21
There is no longer a separate warning icon for animals on the farm, only the mail message. So if you're like me, and read your mail first, then water and take care of the crops, it is easy to get side tracked and forget about the animal till the next day, when they are damaging crops.
karenswoose

Postby Moshu-X » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:28 pm

4. Oh I get :) The mousewheel has been tuned down, let me know if it is suitable.

5. should be available now

8.Could we test it out first? because going beyond 100 was not supposed to be a feature of the game, but more of a bug which I keep forgetting to repair :)

The wild animal alert icon is back
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby karenswoose » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:35 pm

4. While the pages turn a bit more slowly, it's still a page turn and not a scroll. I want to be able to hold the mouse button down and have the page scroll up to where I need it and then release the mouse button and have it stop scrolling. As it is, I can only click to turn the page. I can never see items 8-16 at one time--only items 1-13 and then on the next page items 14-27.

8. So then what about having smudge pots or heaters that we could buy for a particular plot that would increase ideal growing temp. range much like the greenhouses do. I don't want to buy greenhouses because I use lots of honey and my bees can't access the greenhouse crops. Just a thought.

7/22
When I try to collect honey from a hive I've already collected from, there is no "already collected" message. Instead, the message says to feed the animals before collecting.--Also, when my hives have a parasite and I cannot collect honey, the collect honey icon is still there.

The info screen for animal barns still doesn't show how much feed is needed. That was useful information.

After medicating bees I was able to collect honey from the medicated hive. Nice, but I think it's not supposed to happen.
Last edited by karenswoose on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karenswoose

Postby karenswoose » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:47 pm

A. On the challenge page, it's still impossible to see your challenge list. Only the X shows at the top. EDIT: Now my challenges show. But, the level symbol with the stars for the challenge is wrong. The master challenge shows the prof. symbol, the grandmaster challenge shows the master symbol, etc. This is only on the my challenges page. The general challenges page is correct.

B. It seems to me that the greenhouses are showing increased growing temps, but they aren't reflected in the actual growth %. When I compare two plants, one in a greenhouse and one not, the growth rate isn't much different.

Fast growth white grape: no greenhouse
fertility 93%
ideal temp. 15-30
growth rate .36% (+45)

Fast growth lemon: in greenhouse
fertility 93%
ideal temp. -1-46
growth rate .35% (+24)

Today the temp is -1, so it is still in the ideal growing range for the lemons in the greenhouse, yet the actual growth is minute.
karenswoose

Postby david1354 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:56 pm

Moshu said:
8.Could we test it out first? because going beyond 100 was not supposed to be a feature of the game, but more of a bug which I keep forgetting to repair :)

I just assumed that Cold resistance above 100% was to allow for the length of the winter. If you choose to disallow the cold resistance above 100% then you may as well do away with Cold resistance altogether.
david1354

Postby Santhori » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:52 pm

Yep you should allow at least 110%-115% cold resist to bring some plants through winter. Sure even if it wasnt intended and just a bug fix, but it made the game a lot more planable to grow /plant for next season during winter and fertilize them up. Even a cold resistant plant with basic 50% cold resist will now have in winter easily a 10% loss alone through cold, not adding wind loss which could easily add up together with 10% wind loss every winter plant to 20%+ loss each harvest which would be unavoidable.
Sure i can protect my plants through greenhouses but you'll make life for new/lower rank players alot harder which shouldnt be the goal i think.
And winter plants a lot more harder to grow/lessen their profits.
Santhori

Postby francebart » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Please Moshu... do not touch this (greater than 100) bonus of resistance to the cold.
This helps keep plants all winter that you can harvested in the spring, when you need them.
francebart

Previous

Return to Test Forum