a few more update bugs

This forum is solely used for discussions on updates on the Test Server.

a few more update bugs

Postby karenswoose » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:35 pm

When greenhouses aren't plowed, they don't show up as greenhouses. What's worse, even the tile information doesn't show there is a green house on the plot until it is plowed. So if, like in my case today, you plow a bunch of plots but only have 1 greenhouse, and if you forget which exact plot the greenhouse is on and you want to replant the greenhouse because the weather is getting cold, you need to take a guess and plow the plot, then if it doesn't show a greenhouse, you have to keep guessing and plowing until you get the right plot.

For the workshops, it doesn't seem to matter which workshop you are using, you can make anything. I tried and was able to make wine from the sweets workshop apricot essence from the bakery and corn syrup from the meat workshop. I did an experiment and found that you do have to own the workshop in order to use it, even though you can access it from a different workshop, so I guess it's not as bad as I thought.

The endurance left showing next to the worker isn't always correct. This was true of the old version, but when you went to the market or some other screen out of the game, then returned to the farm, the endurance was corrected. Now, there is no way to correct it, so I keep trying to have a worker make something, thinking he/she has more endurance left, only to get a message that It can't be made for lack of endurance. I ended the game with all my workers showing they have between 50 and 200 endurance, but none of them could actually do anything.
karenswoose

Re: a few more update bugs

Postby Moshu-X » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:01 pm

For the greenhouses, it should be sorted out. I made it easier to toggle between workshops in the same Area through the same interface, but you are not actually using the same workshop, check the name of the workshop and its location. Could you give me more details for that last bug? Which workshop, which farmer and what you were trying to make ?
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby karenswoose » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:25 pm

I actually did realize that I wasn't using the same workshop, I just didn't know if we were supposed to be able to access the workshops when we weren't (or at least the curser wasn't) physically there.

The endurance problem is a bit more complicated because it doesn't always happen and even before the update it didn't always happen. Before the update, it mostly happened when I was fishing or gathering. I don't know if that's true now since I haven't done enough of either yet. I'll try to explain the best I can. Sometimes, when I do an action, say fishing, my endurance would get down too low to fish again. (lets say fishing uses 25 endurance and my endurance is at 21.) So I go to the mill and try to grind some wheat. I go thorugh picking the ingredients, etc, and the workshop says I can make 5 wheat flour which will use 18 endurance. Then I click on MAKE and I get a message saying I don't have enough endurance. Before, I would go to the market and then return to the farm and I would see that now,the fishing farmer's endurance number is only 2. So somehow, some of the endurance I used didn't get subtracted from the total shown on the screen, even though it was subtracted from my available endurance.

Yesterday I was using various workshops. I was simply playing with the new game, so I wasn't really paying attention to endurance until I started getting "not enough endurance' messages. So I started experimenting. By the end of the game, all 5 farmers had between 60 and 135 endurance left. I tried using several workshops with several farmers and each time, I could select the ingredients and the total to be made was correct for the amount of endurance I had, but I could not make the product because of insufficient endurance. I tried both allowing the game to determine the amount of product to be made and typing in the amount myself. It didn't seem to make a difference. When I typed an amount that was lower than the endurance level showing, sometimes I could make the product. This indicates that I did have some endurance left, just not the amount that showed on the screen. I hope this explains well enough.
Edit 7/16. Today I had a player with 100 endurance left. I tried to make perry but wasn't able to. I didn't get a message about having no endurance-- but after I had chosen the ingredients and clicked the make button nothing happened; it just switched back to the choose ingredients screen. I switched to a different player and was able to make perry just fine. Then I went back to the player with 100 endurance and was able to make white wine with no problem. Not sure if this is related to the endurance numbers being off or if it's a different problem altogether.

Another nitpick that I forgot to mention: In the inventory and at the market, products are not grouped together like they used to be. They are mostly grouped, but then there will some in random places in the list. For example, when I sort by *, it shows barley, wheat, wheat, wheat, alfalfa, rice, rice, and then another wheat, then rye, rye,...Since they are all 7*, the wheat should all be together instead of having one stuck off by itself. Moreover, one of my harvests of rice was stuck down in the list of fruit. This makes it really difficult to figure out exactly what I have. I was trying to see whether I had fruit for something, and the fruit wasn't ordered properly, so in order to find if I had enough apples, I had to bring up only the apples, and then had to do the same with each of the fruits I need. I should have been able to scroll down the sorted list and easily pick out the information I needed.

Also, the livestock information no longer shows how much feed is required. That was helpful.

Edit:
1. And what happened to the addendum to the manual? It had useful information.
2. My bees have lost the +3 quality boost. Now they are all at +1
3. It's no longer possible to make put a note on and exchange, so if it's for a particular person, there is no way to tell. And you can't thank people for the product etc.
4. Are the missions screwy? I am a grandmaster and today I was offered a mission for 120 pistachios and 120 sunflower with a reward of $925 and 40 fame. I haven't had a mission that easy since amateur days.
5. My mail system has a problem. I can send and receive mail from everyone in my coop except 1 person, Soonerland. I think the messages are being sent ok because I am getting mail back, but when I get a new mail message and click on Soonerland's name the screen doesn't show any messages at all--even past ones. When I click on a different person's name, say Oreste, I see his message string. Then I go back and click on Soonerland's name and I still see Oreste's messages.
Last edited by karenswoose on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
karenswoose

Postby david1354 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:01 am

Karenwoose is right about the endurance problem...that reminded me of the long term "problem" of storage space. If a Farmer is short on Silo space and makes a product like Optimum Feed which uses up 13 ingredients, the game will reject it with "not enough silo space". The game adds the result before it deducts the items used.
Founder of We Feed The World, USA1 Server (Farmers of all levels welcome)
david1354

Postby karenswoose » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:26 pm

Animals' age no longer shows up. Is it relevant?

When making a recipe, there is no longer a list of selected ingredients, so there is no way to double check to make sure you have selected the correct ingredients. If you made a mistake, you don't know till the product is made.

When I fertilize, the added resistance doesn't show up on the tile information until I log out and log back in. This seems to be related to the ongoing bugs about numbers being incorrect. In the old version, just going to the market and back would update the numbers, but now you have to log out of the game entirely--Not very convenient.

The alphabetical sort option is gone from the inventory. That was helpful.
karenswoose

Postby Moshu-X » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:54 pm

1. The Addendum should be still there, maybe it's due to font size the Addendum must have been pushed behind the scene.
2. The +3 should be back now
3. I removed it, as there will be a Give function later, shortening the process.
4. This happens all the time?
5. It may be possible the Soonerland erased the whole conversation ?

>The animal's age is back.
>You could re-select the ingredients in case of doubt
>The correct resistances should be showed now after medicating or fertilizing
>The alphabetical sort is back
>David1354, then "problem" should be fixed
>The endurance problem in workshops still has to be solved, I haven't had the chance to get that bug yet
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby karenswoose » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Thank you, thank you for all your work. Still a few bugs, though.
1. Ok, it's probably just cut off at the bottom of the list. But since there is not scroll option, it is inaccessible.
4. No, I only noticed it that once.
5. Sooner and I are running a test because we can communicate on the coop log. So far he hasn't received any of my messages (I have tried sending both from the message box at the bottom of the open mail section and by selecting his name from the contact list) and I haven't received any that he has sent. However, I do get the new mail icon and then when I go to mail, Sooner's name is at the top and highlighted. However, when I click on it there is nothing there. today, things have changed a bit.When I click on Sooner's name, the mail section is blank except for his name, date and the icon at the top. There is no place at the bottom to write a message anymore. When I go to the contact list, it seems normal. And still, if I click on Sooner's name after already looking at someone else's email, The name at the top changes, but the email section still shows the messages to and from the previous player. So the problem is definitely bigger than just erasing messages.
I asked a couple of other members to try sending Sooner messages. I'll let you know what happens.
6. This is a new one, not a bug, but an annoyance. It is really a pain to erase old messages. If you have any kind of mail backlog, which most of us tend do have, you can go to erase a particular message, but after you click the delete message, the message list goes back to the list of most recent messages instead of simply moving to the next message up like it used to. That means that you have to keep scrolling down to the older messages every time you need to erase an old message.
karenswoose

Postby karenswoose » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:55 am

Yay, I got Sooner's mail back. And I can see the addendum again.

Messages are still a pain to erase.
karenswoose

Postby Moshu-X » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:57 am

1.I increased the height a little for the manual, you might be able to see it this time
5.You should be able to see his messages, it was due to the & symbol
6.This should be fixed
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby karenswoose » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:49 pm

All fixed, thank you.

I just noticed another bug: I completed a wine mission and when I clicked to choose the products for the mission, on the mission screen all my wines showed they still had 9 days to maturity even though they were all mature. They were accepted for the mission, though. (for example, the list to choose sparkling wine showed 6 different choices, all with 9 days to mature. In actuality, 3 were already mature, 1 had 13 days to mature and 2 had 47 days to mature.)
karenswoose

Next

Return to Test Forum