Update june 16

This forum is solely used for discussions on updates on the Test Server.

Re: Update june 16

Postby springbok7 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:54 pm

Erna wrote:
Moshu-X wrote:How about now ? ^^

Foodmenu and workshops is perfect! :D

Actually it seems like the sorting is still a bit off. I'm looking at my foodmenu and it's sorting like this:
primary sort: 7* endu gained
secondary sort: quality
tertiary sort: freshness
quaternary sort: item name
Code: Select all
aged smoked boar - 4* - +347 endu - 52 turns freshness
aged smoked boar - 4* - +347 endu - 56 turns freshness
bacon roll       - 7* - +400 endu -  5 turns freshness
bacon roll       - 4* - +229 endu -  2 turns freshness
amaretto cake    - 7* - +368 endu -  4 turns freshness
amaretto cake    - 7* - +368 endu -  5 turns freshness
--- snip ---
cow milk         - 6* -  +10 endu -  7 turns freshness
cow milk         - 6* -  +10 endu - 11 turns freshness
cow milk         - 5* -   +9 endu -  8 turns freshness
cow milk         - 5* -   +9 endu - 10 turns freshness
cow milk         - 2* -   +3 endu - 12 turns freshness
ewe milk         - 7* -  +12 endu - 11 turns freshness
ewe milk         - 6* -  +10 endu - 11 turns freshness

So it looks like something with the primary sort is a bit wonky. Tweakage ahoy (if you're anything like me, that's the best part =P) LOL!

Sorting on endu first only, would look like this, I think...:
primary sort: endu gained
secondary sort: item name
tertiary sort: quality
quaternary sort: freshness

That sorting would order my list like so:
Code: Select all
bacon roll       - 7* - +400 endu -  5 turns freshness
amaretto cake    - 7* - +368 endu -  4 turns freshness
amaretto cake    - 7* - +368 endu -  5 turns freshness
aged smoked boar - 4* - +347 endu - 52 turns freshness
aged smoked boar - 4* - +347 endu - 56 turns freshness
bacon roll       - 4* - +229 endu -  2 turns freshness
--- snip ---
ewe milk         - 7* -  +12 endu - 11 turns freshness
cow milk         - 6* -  +10 endu -  7 turns freshness
cow milk         - 6* -  +10 endu - 11 turns freshness
ewe milk         - 6* -  +10 endu - 11 turns freshness
cow milk         - 5* -   +9 endu -  8 turns freshness
cow milk         - 5* -   +9 endu - 10 turns freshness
cow milk         - 2* -   +3 endu - 12 turns freshness

So, the net result would be the interweaving of item types, but with the overall order of endu first, as David mentioned... I'm guessing on the food menu likely most people want the highest endu at the top and won't care that lower things are overlapping. But just wanted to make sure that point is noted, as it seems like it would be a shift from the current algorithm. But on the other hand, as long as we have the sort over these four qualities, it should be completely reproducible and items won't jump in the listing, regardless of which sort-set is used.

Anyway, thoughts/comments?
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Farmer Nerilka, at your service :D (Test, UK, US2)
springbok7

Postby springbok7 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:34 am

YAY finally got to try out the new repeat and such on UK. LOVE IT!!!!! 8-)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

springbok7

Postby Erna » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Oh dear... me whining again.....

Could you do the freshnessthing for the feedmenu too? :D
And help me remember, if I ever get to France you will get a hugebig hug for everything you do for this game :lol:
Beads available with great discounts!! Check out www.careforfeet.nl/english
========
Playing at test-server, if you need a good coop please send me, Erna, a message if you would like to join Jolly Coop :P
Erna

Postby springbok7 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:06 am

On UK I'm seeing a bug in hunting. "Repeat" says 1* boar meat for 7* boar meat... nothing else seems affected, and the other levels are reported correctly.

springbok7

Postby Moshu-X » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 am

The hunting quality should be corrected as of now.

And for Erna, yeah come and give moshu a big hug :D
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Keen » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:01 am

Sorry, there is so much to read and so little time...

So I don't know if this was mentioned earlier:

1. After the update, on the lower fields, the square where you water/feed etc. is blocking the information on the bottom of the screen (when you push the "I" button).

2. In the game manual the different crops are not mentioned anymore. I use this information to see which crop I to grow in what season and to decide if I take a mission on. Like now, I have a mission for mung beans and I forgot if it is a spring or summer vegetable.
Keen

Postby Soonerland » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Keen wrote:2. In the game manual the different crops are not mentioned anymore. I use this information to see which crop I to grow in what season and to decide if I take a mission on. Like now, I have a mission for mung beans and I forgot if it is a spring or summer vegetable.

I noticed that too. Same with the livestock & workshops. You can still access that information but it is in the addendum & is a bit more tedious to go thru.
Also, the produces & inventory page in the original manual has changed.
US1 - Soonerland - We Feed The World
Soonerland

Postby Keen » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes, I found the addendum too and I do like all the extra info especially on the buildings and livestock. The crops are harder to find, but I can live with that. So all in all it is an improvement in my opinion.
Keen

Postby springbok7 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Keen wrote:Yes, I found the addendum too and I do like all the extra info especially on the buildings and livestock. The crops are harder to find, but I can live with that. So all in all it is an improvement in my opinion.

Another option is to add entries to the tops of the lists, Cereals, trees, etc, or one entry "Crops", that you can click and that then show the little table again. then you can click on the one you want to know more about. It was very handy to have that table, then you can at a glance compare the qualities of the various crops within a category to much more easily decide which crop you want to plant. I think that was a pretty well-used feature of the manual, and I hope Moshu considered putting it back somewhere. Especially for beginners, it's ~extremely~ useful. Oldtimers already have an idea about stuff, but beginners have no idea whatsoever and having everything in a single table is a lot better for them.

springbok7

Postby springbok7 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 pm

One more suggestion: on the repeat-feed-workers notice, it would be good to include the quality of the item eaten, like how it is on the hunting/gathering/fishing repeats. The reason being, sometimes you feed one worker a 5* thing cause you're trying to get rid of that item, and yet cause you're training your hunter, you're feeding that worker 7* things. At the moment there's no indicator in the text as to which icon represents which level of food. :)

Also, it would be nice to have an 'X' to close the manual in the upper screen. Right now I have to click on rankings to be able to then close it...

springbok7

PreviousNext

Return to Test Forum