Update june 16

This forum is solely used for discussions on updates on the Test Server.

Re: Update june 16

Postby springbok7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:46 am

karenswoose wrote:another problem: the repeat action button only repeats the exact action done previously. This means that if I use up a farmer's endurance making 4 red wine, and then change farmers to make the rest of the red wine, I can only make it 3 at a time using the repeat action button. Or, if I make 97 red wine with one farmer, and want to make 3 more with another farmer, the repeat action button will tell me I can't make it because I don't have the necessary ingredients. This makes the repeat button not very useful for workshops. ( I still love it, though, for other things.)

there is one bonus to this "feature" of repeating the exact prior action: if you are going for maximized bonus yield (15 items + 2 bonus) you don't have to click click through to get to that setup ;)
springbok7

Postby springbok7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Moshu, the update you just made to the price variation stuff at the bottom of the page looks much better. The text could be a ~hair~ lighter to give a tiny bit more contrast with the background but it's at least readable now.

For the workshop menus when selecting the ingredients, could you try changing the highlight to go darker than adjacent items rather than lighter? The list has each item with a good green background, but the light highlight both blends into the background and also is another of the "ouch my eyes" if I do it too many times. Have perhaps a grey highlight that is comparable in darkness to the green perhaps? As in, use different colours to accent the hover rather than a light/dark contrast...

EDIT: actually it just occurred to me that you kind of do this already, with orange, for the market screen. The item you're hovering over is highlighted in a relatively bland orange that is not painful to look at but makes the hovered item crystal clear.

Thanks!
springbok7

Postby Moshu-X » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Hmm, i didnt do anything to the price variations at th bottom, i am guessing your browser were still using the old styling files (cache emptying could help, or just a F5). As for the hovering orange colour i will try and make it more bland perhaps.

And btw, if you guys haven't noticed. The space bar does not center the farm anymore but cancels the quick repeat actions or just closes the actions interface on each tile.
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby springbok7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Moshu-X wrote:As for the hovering orange colour i will try and make it more bland perhaps..

The orange is ok, it's the white one in the right-most menu, when you choose milk, eggs etc that is shifting between the medium green and "white". If it's the same orange as the others instead of "white" it would be better.
Moshu-X wrote:And btw, if you guys haven't noticed. The space bar does not center the farm anymore but cancels the quick repeat actions or just closes the actions interface on each tile.

Thanks for the head's up, don't usually use this so hadn't noticed :D
springbok7

Postby Moshu-X » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 pm

I just changed the coulour to orange on th ingredient select screen.

For the full screen issue where the screen follows the mouse in the beginning, i am not sure whats the cause. The only remedy is to wait for the 'press esc key ...' message to dissapear before doing anything on the farm.
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby springbok7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Moshu-X wrote:I just changed the coulour to orange on th ingredient select screen.

Thanks! It looks good to me! 8-)
springbok7

Postby Moshu-X » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 am

You should be able to scroll again even if the mouse pointer is on the game screen ;)
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby springbok7 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:01 am

Is this an oops?
Walnut Pumpkin Pie: Shortcrust Dough - Pasteurized Cream - Chicken Egg - Spices - Sugar - Walnut - Butter

Moshu-X wrote:You should be able to scroll again even if the mouse pointer is on the game screen ;)

:D thanks!
springbok7

Postby Moshu-X » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 am

Wow a pumpkin pie without pumpkin what a cheat ! I'll put the pumpkin back into that pie for sure ;)
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Soonerland » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 pm

OK, time for me to chime in on the new updates. :P

Overall, I like all the changes. To 2nd what most have already mentioned:
- the brighter white highlight around the plot your cursor hovers over is MUCH better than the light golden color.
- the new text is nice & the darker/fading background when you pull up the missions page makes reading the box easier. :)
- the zoom/resolution buttons moved to the lower right of the farm screen is great! I have experimented with each & found the right one for me. (760x505 & 50% zoom) Like to zoom out & see who is trying to sneak up on me! :lol: (Moshu, ever thought about sharing your maps with Google? I bet they could learn a lot from your expertise! :) :P
- not to sure about the price variation screen at the bottom. Just thinking that may be too busy. I think that you kind of took care of that with the inventory screen when you click on say grains in your silo. It shows the price increase from the market. IF perhaps (if I may be so bold to make a suggestion) a new column on the main inventory screen (the list all screen instead of each inventory screen -wine listing, grains, etc.) that gives the % increase of what we have so we could see at a glance what pieces of inventory are worth.
- also noticed that in the addendum screen in the manual you tweaked it to list all the basic recipes with the workshops. Did notice a black diamond with a question mark in the greenhouses ideal min/max under the buildings listings.
- one other quick(?) :P comment I noticed, you fixed that SLIGHTLY irritating scrolling rankings screen. It seemed to cut off the last 2-3 farmer listings. I did find a work around, but the fix is great! :)
- shortening the inventory screen to fit on the screen is nice too. Also, centering the weather, next turn counter, & the links to the other servers is nice as is the color changing icons for the buy/sell/coop etc. The coloring where the inventory icons are will take me some getting used to. I am kind of favoring the old view (same color as the items in inventory) One thing that drove me CRAZY that is not there anymore is the little orange box with the "+" that opened up every time the cursor even got close to it that linked to Facebook, twitter, et al. Don't know how many times I wanted to go back to the farm & accidentally opened up Facebook! arrg! I don't even have a Facebook page.
- Glad the facebook bar with random people is gone! There were a few that were inappropriate to look at. What is with some people! :shock: :?

That is all my random thoughts for now. Overall I like the new changes & tweaks. As usual, GREAT JOB Moshu!!
Soonerland

PreviousNext

Return to Test Forum