Update june 16

This forum is solely used for discussions on updates on the Test Server.

Update june 16

Postby Erna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:00 pm

First, I'm soooooooooooo happy with the repeatbutton!! Thanks for that!!

Now the bad news 8-)
With Explorer 8 the windows are shifted, at both Vista and XP.
The little screen with info on the loginscreen is totally to the right and out of the picture untill you scroll left.
You can't buy at the market, the ad gets in front of the items to select, same at the exchangeboard.
The red and black background is not there (register/news.login) on the loginpage.
Firefox is just fine :)
Erna

Re: Update june 16

Postby Bracken » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Ok, 2 bugs (one of which may be a browser issue)

1. I can't gather honey from my beehives. I get a loading message, then nothing. No honey and a blank line in the log.

2. When I scroll my browser window, which I need to do to reach the new buttons, the whole farm strobes black and white. (Running Mac Firefox 3.6 - and yes, I know it's old :( ). I don't have this strobe problem with the servers still running the old graphics
Bracken

Postby Moshu-X » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:43 pm

For te bees it should be fixed. As for the rest, have you tried different game screen settings ?
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Moshu-X » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Just tried with IE8 ... everything is messed up indeed ... back to the drawing board i guess xD
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Erna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Yes, we did. I play on the pc/Xp with Firefox, my husband has a laptop/Vista with IE.
We tried both, laptop and pc with IE in his name with every possible screensetting. Also on my account, same thing. But the settings do not effect the loginscreen I think?

While playing I see more little changes, the circle while selecting a plot is better, even selecting has gotten faster, the missionscreen being able to continue to use without closing first, those repeatbuttons are really awsome and the fonts are bigger now again like a week ago also a huge improvement :).

I'm not sure about all the black on top of the screen though, or the bigger screens for selecting like when you work on the animals. Maybe we have to get used to those larg black spaces :lol:
Erna

Postby Erna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Moshu-X wrote:Just tried with IE8 ... everything is messed up indeed ... back to the drawing board i guess xD

Sorry for that..... But a lot of Good Luck with the drawing! Make my hubby happy again please!!!!! :lol:
Erna

Postby Moshu-X » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 pm

It's working fine now, i omitted to check on older browsers. Hope this is limited to IE 7,8,9 only :/ If your hubby is still not happy ask him to come on the forums to have a chat :D
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Erna » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:43 pm

He's more the listening kind not even registered to the forum. He lets me do the trick, is more into playing music, something like this song; |Never Smoke Weed With Willi Again from Toby Keith and Scott Emerick :D
But we checked, works just fine!!! Thank you, hubby is happy!! :lol:
Erna

Postby springbok7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:03 am

First of all, oh YAY it remembers me on the login screen! No more attempts to log in as logins cause I clicked one too many times :mrgreen:

Now for the bits and pieces. I am using chrome 27.0.1453.110.

Scrolling: if the mouse is over the farm screen I cannot scroll, so the bottom part gets chopped. If I move the mouse to the top area (date, weather, etc), over the left-side ad or the bottom ad, I can scroll just fine. It is only in the central farm window that I can't scroll. The text screens (market, etc) seem to be the same as pre-update scroll-wise.

Resizing screen options:
- on both the farm screen and the text screen the bottom/overlap section of the language/home/forum/rankings/etc bar is out of alignment to the right for the 1200x800 (a lot) and the 900x600 (a little) settings if I don't have the browser maximized. The top portion is centering on the screen and shifting itself to the left more than the bottom expects.
- the space set aside for the ad seems to be twice what is necessary as well, on the text screens for the 1200x800 mode, as there is a equally wide patch of background next to the ad, before the green "sell your products" area starts (this is moving left to right across the screen, vertically it's fine).
- for auto mode, the language/home/etc bottom lines up properly on both the farm and text screens, but on the farm screen top of the farm area, with the name etc is cut off, I can only see the first digit of my transactions. There is also a shift to the right of the whole farm screen, so that there is a space between the ad and the farm.
- once i click up the sizing menu, clicking the square box doesn't close it again, I have to click on one of the sizes and have my screen refresh in order to get rid of it.
- lastly, when I choose another dimension, I have to choose it more than once sometimes to make it actually happen. Seems to happen the most when I'm going to or from 900x600, but does occur on 1200x800 t0 760x505.

Recent market transactions: below the farm/text window you've added the list of price variations for the items we've made/bought/sold/etc, but it's only visible if you select-all, otherwise it's like a ghost unless you mouse-over something and get the grey highlight.

Blurring the rest of the screen when we pop up a workshop menu is a nifty trick but it's hurting my eyes a bit, as I invariably am looking at the workshop i'm clicking and not where the still-in-focus menu is popping up, and my eyes try to focus and can't, and it's giving me a bit of a headache I'm afraid.

I like the new fonts you've put in place for various things, like the planting menu etc. Looks nice.

Changing the "which plot am I over" highlight from gold to white makes it much more visible. More nice! :)

Ok, I'm out of time for now :) But overall it looks great, love the "de-cluttered" homepage as well. Can't wait for the update elsewhere to see how the camps do since I don't have them on Test. THAT I am REALLY looking forward to testing out!
springbok7

Postby karenswoose » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:46 am

here are a few likes, dislikes and bugs and another problem
likes: I love the ability to pan out and see the whole farm. I also love the redo action buttons. The new font is nice as well. Haven't tried the auto hibernation, but it will be a big advantage when things get busy at work.

dislikes: I agree with Springbok about the blurring. I think I mentioned this a couple of updates ago, but the blurring effect is headache making. Also, you're back to black again. The contrast between the black and the lettering makes things harder to read for us over 50 types, and also gives me migraines. The farm background on the market page makes the page too busy and it's difficult to find what you want, and the black background of the market icon menu makes it more difficult to find the appropriate icons.

bugs: When I change to full screen view, the screen keeps moving around with my curser and won't stop unless I can somehow click on a tile in the right place to bring up a tile menu. The spacing for the new font is still messed up and things get cut off or have no spaces between them. The buttons for the screen size and the view sometimes have to be clicked a couple of times in order to work.

another problem: the repeat action button only repeats the exact action done previously. This means that if I use up a farmer's endurance making 4 red wine, and then change farmers to make the rest of the red wine, I can only make it 3 at a time using the repeat action button. Or, if I make 97 red wine with one farmer, and want to make 3 more with another farmer, the repeat action button will tell me I can't make it because I don't have the necessary ingredients. This makes the repeat button not very useful for workshops. ( I still love it, though, for other things.)

Thanks, Moshu, for all your work making this game stay interesting and fun for all ages and levels of play!
karenswoose

Next

Return to Test Forum