All good things must come to an end...

All good things must come to an end...

Postby Lessard » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:34 am

The first thing I want to say is that I have enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of you. I remember very clearly how and when you each came to my coop, your first messages to me, learning about one another and discovering each others style of game play. Some of you struggled along with me from the early days when we only had a handful of recipes, no organic products and only 1000 transactions a day. On many of those days the best thing we could find to do with our endurance was to go fishing. Look how far we have all come together. Did you realize that we now rank #19 as a coop, last week we were ranked 20. I’m proud of what we have accomplished together.

Coops are a bit like a family. You get to care for everybody. Some days you click real well, other times you annoy each other. You have your differences, but underneath it all is that sense of family. At least that is how it has been for me. But families grow and people change, and eventually someone moves out and goes their own way. It doesn’t mean you stop caring. It’s just the natural evolution of things.

We all come to our computers everyday for different reasons, and we all take some individual sense of enjoyment from this game. Whether the need it fills is for a sense of community or a way to utilize skills we have no outlet for in the real world or just a little bit of simple down time after an otherwise challenging day. The fact is, each of us is entitled to bring to it what we will and take from it what we need. We shouldn’t have to apologize if those are different things.

It has recently been brought to my attention that the way I choose to play this game and run this coop has had the unfortunate result of minimizing the joy some of you derive from it. That was never my intention and for that I am truly sorry. But I do feel that I have as much right to play as I see fit, for my own enjoyment, as any of you do. I have no hard feelings about this and I hope that none of you will either. But it does highlight for me the fact that some of us have moved far enough in different directions from each other as to necessitate a change. I have always tried to steer this ship in a direction that would provide the greatest benefit to all of us or at least the majority. I see no reason to handle this situation any differently. To that end I have decided to move on and leave you all with the fruits of our mutual labor. As I said above, this doesn’t mean I will stop caring about you.

I intend to hand leadership of this coop to Rosio, if she will have it. When I first met Ros, she was the leader of her own coop and I wooed her away from it to come and join us instead. For this reason, among others, I feel she is the best logical choice. I wish you all success and happiness in FFG land. You are welcome to keep in touch with me, should you choose to do so, and you know how much I love to coop hop on weekends, so perhaps I’ll stop by for a visit now and again.

Thank you for the time you’ve shared with me, the pleasure has been all mine - Kren
Happy Farming - Kren
Lessard

Return to SFP Free Farming