G'day .. this looks like a fascinating game!

If you to present yourself to the community, you are welcomed to do it here.

G'day .. this looks like a fascinating game!

Postby Grayne » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Greetings everyone.

I stumbled across this game a few days ago, while looking for a replacement for another 'farming-type' game I had been playing daily for the past 3-4yrs. I was pretty disappointed when they shut down their Australian server, apparently due to insufficient premium-paying players :mad:

I've joined the Asian server here, but as the other servers have different 'seasons' I've also joined the UK and both US servers. If it all becomes a bit too time consuming though, I might end up gradually cutting back on those in the future.

In my 3D world, I'm a keen organic gardener, and I really like sandbox games that need a bit of thought and strategic planning, so this game seems to be a perfect fit for me :)
I've already got the spreadsheet, and personal wiki started :lol:

For the past few days I've lurked around the forum, particularly reading the Questions and Player Guide sections. There's so much useful information there, and my thanks particularly to those who have posted some weather records!

Happy farming, Grayne
Grayne

Re: G'day .. this looks like a fascinating game!

Postby Moshu-X » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 am

Welcome Grayne, enjoy your stay and have fun ;)
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Grayne » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks Moshu, I was starting to think I'd been lost in the spam you undoubtedly get in your mod queue :)

Now that I can post, I think I'll start over with the farm on the Asia server. While I've got farms on the UK and both US servers too (and the Test server now!), I'd like the Asia one to be my 'core' project.

Reading over the players' experiences in the Player Guides section has been wonderfully informative, but sadly most of the ones that have been started in the past couple of years don't seem to be maintained anymore. I'll start a progress journal for my Asia farm there, and try to update it regularly.
Grayne

Postby Grayne » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 pm

My previous post still held for moderation, so I'll just keep making some notes here until I pass whatever threshhold is required for unmoderated posts :)

I harvested the first crops on the Asia server yesterday, so today I'll finally be able to make some changes. I've listed the available upgrades on house, silo and chicken coop, and I'll do as many as I can - working from the cheapest ones up. Although the chickens are outside at the moment to save on feed costs, they'll need to be moved inside for winter - which may be before I can get the next crop harvested and money in the bank, so I think I'll do the upgrades while the funds are available.
It's all part of the learning experience, as I still plan on re-setting this farm later to create a complete farm record here on the forum.

The farms on other servers are doing ok - UK is in winter, and snow started yesterday which was a bit of fun (we don't get snow where I live). I planted things there like garlic just at the start of the cold season, and while growth rates are remarkably slow at the moment, I expect they'll recover once the spring thaws arrive.
Grayne

Postby Grayne » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:04 pm

The weather on the UK farm has been dreadful since the start of winter, with sub-zero temperatures and strong winds almost every turn.
This is the first 'winter weather' I've experienced on any of the farms, and much worse than I was expecting. US1 is just starting into winter now, and the weather there seems somewhat milder so perhaps the UK weather is just an anomaly. I suppose I'll find out when the 2nd winter rolls around.
Naturally every crop on the UK farm is at 99% loss now, but I'm hoping that with the coming spring I'll be able to at least harvest enough/field to complete a couple of missions.
Since moving up to 'Amateur' status, it's much harder to find a mission that I can hope to complete until the farm grows.
Progress has been slow but steady. Starting a farm in a good season helps - the UK farm for example was started in Autumn and although I planted cold-weather crops, it will be some time before I see any real income there other than small amount from the chickens and fishing/foraging.

-------------
Awesome - this is the first post that's appeared immediately! There's a couple of posts made earlier that must have been lost along the way, but that's ok :)
Now that I can post, I'll reset the Asia farm and keep a record of it's progress.
Grayne

Return to Present yourself