UPDATE 1.43 LIVE SERVERS

For official announcements concerning news and updates.

UPDATE 1.43 LIVE SERVERS

Postby Moshu-X » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm

UPDATE 1.43 ON ALL SERVERS

New lands for sale and new buildings

>Around your farm you should be able to purchase new pieces of land. On the top the land is referred to Road side land, on the right side of your farm there shoud be 2 pieces of Forest land and below your farm, the River has 2 pieces of land to acquire.

>A Warehouse and/or a Restaurant could be built on the Road side land. A Warehouse could greatly boost the storage capacity of your farm, when it is upgraded it could replace the storage capacity of up to 3 Storage Silos. A Restaurant could enable you to combine one drink, issued from your Winery, Brewery or Beverage Workshop, with a dish coming from your other workshops to form a Set Meal. A 3rd dish could be added to the set meal after enabling the Hearthy Meal premium through SFP. The set meal could then be consumed by your farmers. There is an upgrade to the Restaurant which would enable your farmer to have 4 meals a turn instead of just 3. Each set meal has a price that you could set within a price range. When your farmers consume a set meal from your restaurant it is free. Your Restaurant could be used by your Coop friends and your Neighbours but they'll have to pay the price that you entered for each set meals, and you could have set meals for a certain price in their restaurants too.

>A Gatherer Camp and/or a Hunter Camp could be built on Forest land. These camps would enable you to gather/hunt a precise item/wild-animal in the forest. The dificulty is increased while using these camps, but they are upgradeable to enhance the chances of gathering/hunting something.

>A wharf and/or a Water Mill could be built on the River land. A wharf has a similar role as the Hunting Camp, except it is used to catch a precise fish. Upgrades are also available to enhance the fishing chance while using the Select Fishing action. The Water Mill has a dual function, it could replace your Windmill when there is no wind, but it does not have any equipment or technic upgrades. Most importantly the Water Mill could irrigate your land to eradicate drought damage by maintaining the humidity at a certain level. There are upgrades to the Water Mill to increase the minimum percentage of humidity of each piece of land that is irrigated. A well irrigated farm will reduce the endurance usage for the watering action. To irrigate a piece of land, you'll have to purchase the Water Mill and upgrade each piece of land you want to irrigate.

Neighbours and Avatars

>Neighbours are your Cooperative friends and the players that you sponsored. You could click on the Neighbour button when you are logged into the game to view them.

>A certain number of Neighbours of a certain farm level is necessary for you to purchase the new forest, road side and river buildings, so make sure you invite family and friends to play with you.

>While in the Neighbour interface you could sort your friends by online status, Coop membership and status and those that have restaurants.

>Neighbours with restaurants will have a food button next to his avatar, click on it to see what Set Meals he has for sale.

>You could invite a Neighbour to your Cooperative while in this interface, you could write to them and you could visit their farms by clicking on the appropriate buttons.

>You start out with a random avatar, you could modify it in the Employee interface or click on your active farmer avatar on the top left of the game to quickly access his skills.

About Workshops

>As mentioned before, there is a new workshop called the Beverage Workshop which essentially make non alcoholic beverages like milkshakes, juices and smoothies. This worshop is available from Semipro level and onwards.

>A new skill comes with this workshop, it is named Beverage Making.

>A new set of accomplishment and a few beverage making challenges are thus available.

>A new recipe is available for the Organic Workshop.

New SFP options

>The SFP interface is now separated into categories

>The Advanced Workshop and Extra Mission premium options now cost 20SFP and would last 30 days instead of 15 days.

>A Premium Pack is available to activate all premium options, it is even cheaper than activating each premium one by one.

>3 extra money options are available and 2 of them has a percentage bonus.

>A Mystery Beverage Recipe is also available for purchase.

Miscellanous

>Food in the Eat food menu is now sorted by endurance

>In full screen mode, a Z option to quickly view important actions to do on your farm. The button is next to the Full screen button.

>The option screen has been separated in sub sections to make it less confusing. You could enter a secondary email just in case the email you registered with is no longer in use.

>A 'mated' icon is visible while browsing your livestock.

>Seasonal fertilization and bad weather reports now show on the right turn and not one turn in advance.

>2 new decorations are available at the market, a white christmas tree and a sleigh :)

>Harnessing animals having a quality star rating below your current harnessing accomplishment's level will no longer score any points fo the said accomplishment.

>A Cooperative could accept more members per level.

>Generally the game interfaces has been modified. It is darker now and less strainful for the eyes ;) The tool interface has been enlarged to show more tools.
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE 1.43 LIVE SERVERS

Postby anjanka » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Some updates are really nice.

One thing isn´t.
This "A certain number of Neighbours of a certain farm level is necessary for you to purchase the new forest, road side and river buildings" is not the best solution.

I know, the game needs new players. I understand that.
I´m also sure, the game needs old players too. Those, who liked this game just because it was a personal decision of every one if he wants to be in a big coop or he doesn´t.

This game had his own charm, his own character.
Perhaps we should preserve it.
anjanka

Postby Cernunnas » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:54 am

OMG I'm loving the changes!! Great work! Keep it up! :D
Cernunnas

Postby BioHazard001 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:18 am

I hate this new update. It's terrible and pointless. The design when you come onto the home page is confusing and why did you have make it black? The previous design was easier to use and looked better. On the actual game, the avatar is pointless, it makes the game cheesy, which is what made this game different to all the other farm games out there. The tool bar is difficult to read because of the darkness, the light colour was better, anad you've moved the weather off the panel. Why? It's easier to have them on the panel. Also the help panel at the bottom is too big now and also the darkness over it is too dark and makes the games seem confined and gloomy. The extra work shops are pointless and not helpful to the game. Extra land is ofcoarse useful but why did you have to include a road. What's it for? Also this neighbourhood thing with people next to you is pointless and takes away from the game that you are a farmer on this land, away from everything. I don't like this added comunity aspect. The co-opperatives and letter writing ability was enough for me.

All in all. This update is terrible and adds baggage to the game and also makes it harder to use. Please correct these points or even better go to the previous update. That one was much better than this one and I enjoyed the game more with it. Thanks for reading this comment.
BioHazard001

Postby giman » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:58 pm

BioHazard001 wrote:I hate this new update. It's terrible and pointless. The design when you come onto the home page is confusing and why did you have make it black? The previous design was easier to use and looked better. On the actual game, the avatar is pointless, it makes the game cheesy, which is what made this game different to all the other farm games out there. The tool bar is difficult to read because of the darkness, the light colour was better, anad you've moved the weather off the panel. Why? It's easier to have them on the panel. Also the help panel at the bottom is too big now and also the darkness over it is too dark and makes the games seem confined and gloomy. The extra work shops are pointless and not helpful to the game. Extra land is ofcoarse useful but why did you have to include a road. What's it for? Also this neighbourhood thing with people next to you is pointless and takes away from the game that you are a farmer on this land, away from everything. I don't like this added comunity aspect. The co-opperatives and letter writing ability was enough for me.

All in all. This update is terrible and adds baggage to the game and also makes it harder to use. Please correct these points or even better go to the previous update. That one was much better than this one and I enjoyed the game more with it. Thanks for reading this comment.

If you don't like the background, click on options and use background #2. I like the new graphics changes, so I don't understand your problem with them. For the most part this update added more options. If you don't want to look at your neighbors' farms you don't have to, but I do, and it diminish your game any. I think the neighbor requirements for the new buildings are excessive, but other than that I think this update was good.
-------------------------------------
Munnkey - Leader of Grow Grow Grow Cooperative (Accepting new members)
US Server 1
giman

Postby estienne » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:41 pm

It's not as simple as changing backgrounds. The new colour scheme means some things have become harder to read due to poorer contrast. The most significant one is in the Farm Staff screen, where it is almost impossible to read progress towards the next level for each individual skill.
Farm name: Ted (USA2) - Seven Diamond Farms Co-op
estienne

Postby ljevtich » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:28 pm

I love the new look, and all of the options. I find it is easier to see the farm staff with the yellow boxes than the way it was before.

I was wondering, since most of my Coop folks have greenhouses, is it possible to see what is inside? I too have mostly greenhouses, and I would not mind them peeking in. I know we can see it for our own, but it would be nice to see it for the others.

While the avatars are a little interesting, they do not distract and it was fun to do.

I especially like the Eat Food endurance!

And of course, I like the idea of a restaurant, warehouse, gathering or hunting shop, and the wharf and watermill I plan to put in as soon as I get enough money.

But I do not see the place in Options to change the background like you are talking about? Where is it exactly? Thanks!
Laura Jevtich
Laura-n-Sasha.com
United Cooperative - US Server
ljevtich

Postby sandie » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:09 pm

What Avatars??? I am on Uk server and I do not have any also no new road. Do you only see these when you reach semipro
sandie

Postby giman » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:56 am

ljevtich wrote:But I do not see the place in Options to change the background like you are talking about? Where is it exactly? Thanks!

Options is the 2 grinding gears icon in the menu. The 5th option from the top allows you to choose between two different backgrounds

sandie wrote:What Avatars??? I am on Uk server and I do not have any also no new road. Do you only see these when you reach semipro

I needed to clear my browser's cache to see the road, I would imagine you need to do the same.
-------------------------------------
Munnkey - Leader of Grow Grow Grow Cooperative (Accepting new members)
US Server 1
giman

Postby Cuthbert333 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:34 am

BEST UPDATE ever? Good, but not great.

Most of the updates were good but the really bad thing is the 10 semipros needed, whatever. Its almost impossible. How the heck are supposed to find a co-op with 10 SEMIPRO members. Huh? What about sponsering to add new neighbours. Wish we could have a friends list.

Other than that love the new look, graphics and other changes.
Cuthbert333

Next

Return to Announcements