SERVER CHANGE FOR US1 US2 and ASIA

For official announcements concerning news and updates.

Re: SERVER CHANGE FOR US1 US2 and ASIA

Postby menchu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:45 am

moshu and farmerfriends hello ....... now I have some questions for you that have nothing to do with the farm, but with the performance of my PC and I do not know if any of you want to answer ......

Now I have some doubts .......... the fact is that I want to know:
1 .- why others if they could connect and I do not.?
2 .- why all the other pages I do successfully opened.??
3 .- what consequences that I might have been placed in the google internet protocols DNS public IP addresses?
?.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

I Leave everything as well??
menchu

Postby springbok7 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:12 am

menchu wrote:1 .- why others if they could connect and I do not.?

If you want to think about it on a very basic level, a DNS server is like a telephone directory: you tell it who you want to call, it looks up the name and tells you what number to phone. In this case, everyone else's telephone directory had the new number in it, and unfortunately yours did not.

So when your computer said "I want server X", the directory replied "I don't know that number". When you used a different directory (google DNS) and asked for the same server, that new directory said "Here it is" and you were able to connect.

menchu wrote:2 .- why all the other pages I do successfully opened.??

To continue the analogy above, your old directory knew the info for the other pages you opened, so these did not fail.

menchu wrote:3 .- what consequences that I might have been placed in the google internet protocols DNS public IP addresses?
?.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

It should not cause problems. I have been using these numbers for a couple years without incident on my home computers.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Farmer Nerilka, at your service :D (Test, UK, US2)
springbok7

Postby menchu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks for your replies springbok7........ before I want to clarify you remember that I used the google translator and sometimes it makes or change the translation or the meaning is what I mean ....... thanks.

given my doubts because in the past had made changes moshu server and others pages I have and my computer had automatically assumed ....... I was intrigued to know why he did not now ........
menchu

Previous

Return to Announcements