UPDATE 1.46 LIVE SERVERS

For official announcements concerning news and updates.

Re: UPDATE 1.46 LIVE SERVERS

Postby Grasshopper » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:35 pm

I for one am very thankful for the new up date.

Pricey workshops absolutely, but so what.

Once a farmer makes grand master , where do you go from there. Buy every expensive tool there is, greenhouses, irrigation why not an oil well or a couple of refineries.

Doesnt make any sense to me to have 15 million and just leave it to the kids.

I see a great deal of opportunities especially in the food refinery. We already have some new
recipes for that workshop - bravo Moshu. Now we can hunt for recipes.

I think we need to be thankful that Moshu is back after a long, long, long vacation
Lets give this some time - things just might work out and this game may continue for another five years.
Grasshopper

Postby Soonerland » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Perhaps taking off the progressive SFP for the mountain & valley plots & making them all one price, say 20SFP for each plot. Also, I would personally like to see the 9 tiles bordering the road on the original 81 plot farm able to support the warehouse and other road supported building. I'm not really interested in the newer workshops. I can buy the stuff I need cheaper than making it.
US1 - Soonerland - We Feed The World
Soonerland

Postby robert2534 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:28 pm

I am in full agreement with Zep too many restrictions and not enough transactions. I can not pick up milk or egg for the sake of filling the silos. too busy getting rid of shit from the barns and other items that just keep accumulating. I think that if we had 1 day every 3 to 4 month (game month) to have a no limit transactions day to get rid of all the excess. things needs to come back to reality. this last upgrade is a bad idea. cost way too much. Take care of the game and the game will take care of you. you need to encourage players to get involve in this thing and move forward. I think that we all love this game so do something that will benefit us instead of your pocket Moshu-X. if enough of us show our displeasure maybe it will get attention. get writing and express your opinions.
robert2534

Postby Grasshopper » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Ok - this is my opinion.

This game is a job to Moshu that is no different than you going to work every day and expecting a fair wage. I've played several other games and most dig into your pockets a whole lot more than Moshu ever thought of doing. So to suggest that Moshu is money hungry is just plain wrong.

I'm quite sure that most everybody has played for 2-3 years (real years) and never spent any serious money for SFP. The only time one needs any amount of SFP is when they want the mountian and valley land. Consider all the time that Moshu has spent researching and coming up with all the farmer names, and recipes. I'm not a programmer, but I'm overwhelmed with the amount of work that went into designing a "game" that looks this good. Just to get everything to balance out, had to take a ton of thought, and time.
My guess is that Moshu probably made less than 7 cents an hr for his efforts.

I dont want to run Moshu off.

We have a new oil well - GREAT now we can put all the fuel tools to work. Thats good - does it need tweaking - maybe so.
Food refinery - I like that - a few more recipes and a little tweaking - thats absolute wonderful for the players that have everything and still want to continue playing. And with sub products we can even make a super duper special feed. Am I the only one that thinks this is a great start for game continuation.

I agree we should all express our opinions , but I would like a more positive slant on the posts, so that our main man doesnt get discouraged and will continue with his good works.
Grasshopper

Postby francebart » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:47 pm

I agree with Grasshopper... Too easy to play for free and criticize.
Moshu had warned that the new features were very expensive and no one is obliged to use them.
In addition, he followed the suggestions of some players.
Bart1
Band of boulets.
francebart

Postby TheBigW » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Beautiful post, Grasshopper.
TheBigW

Postby TheBigW » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:51 pm

Been thinking about this for a while. I really think the new buildings were not added to generate money ingame, but for 3 reasons:
1.) to trade Endurance for Transactions for high level players that are Transaction capped. There are several old posts on the forums with players stating they couldn't use the fuel tools because they didn't have enough transactions per turn to use them.
2.) add some additional content for players that have been there and done it all.
3.) to provide further incentive to purchase at least a few valley/mountain pieces of land

I am only proffesional and haven't reached that high-level point to utilize them, but from what I have been able to figure, the salt mining/food refinery succeed admirably at those goals. I also believe that the well/oil refinery are well on their way to meeting those goals as well, just need a few tweaks to correct the endurance used to make the fuel > endurance saved using fuel issue. I cam up with a couple of ideas that i would like to share. The numbers may not be perfect, but that could be tweaked further. Also, these ideas are not to make profits, as i don't believe that was the idea in the first place.

Remove 2*-7* fuel, keep 1*-7* oil, add recipes to refinery. Higher level recipes give extra fuel. Fuel recipes (generic names):
Recipe----------Uses--------------------Produces
1*---------------1x 1* Oil---------------1x 1* Fuel
2*---------------1x 2* Oil---------------2x 1* Fuel
3*---------------1x 3* Oil---------------3x 1* Fuel
4*---------------1x 4* Oil---------------4x 1* Fuel
5*---------------1x 5* Oil---------------6x 1* Fuel
6*---------------1x 6* Oil---------------8x 1* Fuel
7*---------------1x 7* Oil---------------11x 1* Fuel

Or

Keep 1*-7* fuel, keep 1*-7* oil, add recipes to refinery. Fuel sell prices remain what they are now. All fuel regardless of quality counts the same when used in tools. Fuel recipes (generic names):
Recipe----------Uses--------------------Produces
1*---------------1x 1* Oil---------------1x 1* Fuel
2*---------------1x 2* Oil---------------2x 2* Fuel
3*---------------1x 3* Oil---------------3x 3* Fuel
4*---------------1x 4* Oil---------------4x 4* Fuel
5*---------------1x 5* Oil---------------5x 5* Fuel
6*---------------1x 6* Oil---------------6x 6* Fuel
7*---------------1x 7* Oil---------------7x 7* Fuel
TheBigW

Postby Zeps » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:15 pm

I don't want to beat this thing to death, but below is what I have to resort to, to save my farm after buying an oil well!

Hey don't laugh, they are waiting for the trees to grow for their next meal! I just hope they don't swallow the seeds, need them to plant more trees to start my comeback from The Great Oil Swindle of "53"
Attachments
poor.JPG
poor
poor.JPG (164.41 KiB) Viewed 143686 times
Zeps

Postby Moshu-X » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:28 am

I've upgraded the transactions on the test server. Farms starts with 1500 transactions and each farm level gained would bring 250 extra transactions per turn up to 2000 when Grandmaster level is achieved to make a total of 3500 without bonuses. Hope testers could test it out ;)
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby robert2534 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:45 am

finally news to improve the farm system. I love the idea of more transactions as I am always at the limit and always need more transactions. one small step in the right directions.Thank, M. :D
robert2534

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements