UPDATE 1.46 LIVE SERVERS

For official announcements concerning news and updates.

Re: UPDATE 1.46 LIVE SERVERS

Postby Zeps » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:55 am

Fear not, MoshuX will get it fixed. He is a busy person, with all these new swindles, I mean buildings he is selling at outrageous prices, he probably has to trade his yacht in for his own cruise ship, gotta train the staff, sail to his own private island and bury all the rest of the sacks of money he is making robbing us blind with good deals. Meanwhile I am up to my ears in worthless oil, I cant sell it as fast as I can pump it, thinking of running a pipe line straight to the dump, and just pay the dumping fee. Or maybe I will just bulldoze every space on my farm except my house and build nothing but silos, By july of this year,I could have every one of them full of oil, half a million barrels in all. Then I am going to open all the valves at once and let it run into the river... that guy down the river enjoying my butterflies will never know what hit him. Now that's giving!

Any chance of a recipe to make plastics?

I might be in the market for an oil pumper, something to take the oil from my silos and pump it back down the well.
Zeps

Postby robert2534 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:40 am

Zep you are the best and i will vote for you to take over from MX you got to be the star of this edition. I haven't laugh so much in a long time. Thanks for the good humour. Happy new year.
robert2534

Postby Zeps » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:07 am

-Hehehe you have a great New Year too. Glad you got a chuckle, remember laughter is the best medicine, and also way way way better than an oil well!!!!
Zeps

Postby Moshu-X » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:09 am

Hi guys sorry for the wait, my yacht went out of fuel in the Adaman sea and I got stuck there for a week .... ahem ;) . I just came back and I think I managed to repair the food and fuel refineries. Zeps, oh i wish i really sold oil wells and refineries :lol:

It might be possible I will boost the fuel prices, but I'll have to study the idea.
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Bugio » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:42 am

The best thing about this update is the lesser requirement for the tournaments. Really really appreciate that, now if only would reduce the requirements for buildings aswell :D
The Comedy Barn Cooperative Leader
Bugio

Postby Zeps » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:33 am

Ok now Has anyone tested this stuff before it was released. Please bear with me through the whole thing below and then tell me that in what world, real, or fairy tale this makes even a 1/1000 of an ounce of sense.

I spend 14 Million for a well and upgrades. It produces 3*,4* and sometimes 5* oil at the rate of 42 barrels per 100 endurance usage. 5* crude oil sells for a total of 1.51 a barrel.
I spend 1 Million for a refinery, it (finally) uses 1000 energy and 100 barrels of crude oil to make 100 units of fuel at the same Quality of the crude that goes in it, and sells for 3.03 (5*)a unit of fuel.

Fuel is used to power tools, and save endurance cost of labor, fuel has always sold in market for .68 for 1 star. It takes the same amount of fuel to power tools regardless of Quality of fuel.

So let me see, If I pump 100 barrels of 5* crude from the ground for around 200 endurance, then spend 1000 endurance to turn that into 100 units of *5 fuel, I can then power my plow with the fuel and plow 7 fields using 15 fuel and only 45 endurance per field (315 endurance total) ($303 in fuel costs), versus the farm labor killing amount of 73 per field (511endurance total) using electric tools thus saving me a total of 196 endurance for 7 fields, at the remarkable price of only $235 more in fuel cost than if I bought the 1* fuel for a total of $68.

So in all to plow 7 fields with this new 15million dollar investment in oil and fuel production, I will cost me endurance 200, to pump it, 1000 to produce it, 315 to till it for a total of 1515 endurance to plow 7 fields, or I could just buy my fuel for $68 and plow 7 fields using a total of 315 endurance, or I could just use electricity which would cost $17.50 in electricity and 511 endurance to plow the same 7 fields.

Let me put this one other way, If I set my employees and myself to only oil production each day, pumping the oil and refining it into fuel and selling it on the market, no other expenses, bulldoze everything else, except one storage and my oil, No electricity, water Just wages, It would cost me $81 a day more in wages, than I could make selling what I could produce in a day. a 15million dollar investment is costing $81 a day more in wages than I can make with it. And what I make and sell has absolutely no purpose or value to anyone else in this game except to cost them more money as well to run their farm.

What possible reason would anyone even remotely consider ever thinking that this was even in the slightest a good addition to this game.

I would rather bulldoze everything on my farm fire my employees and buy a purple unicorn and pink elephant to wander around all the bare land for 7.5 Million each. It would make more sense than this. MoshuX I hate to tell you this, but somebody was seriously spiking your eggnog while you were putting this together.
Zeps

Postby Bugio » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:42 pm

I think the main reason is to save transactions not endurance zeps. I agree though that it is not a good tradeoff right now but there are strategies that will benefit from it. At least salt is eating lot of transactions each day, fuel not so sure but i think the main reason why most players don't use fuel tools is because those transactions are better spent somewhere else.
The Comedy Barn Cooperative Leader
Bugio

Postby Zeps » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:13 pm

MoshuX ... Ok feel free to move this to where ever you feel it works best. I have been around this game for a while now. I have seen changes come and go, but more than that I have seen players come and go lately more go than coming. The sad truth is for farming games, I still feel this one has the most potential for long term players, and has the potential for drawing in more new players, and thrive again. It does not rely on cute, and originally it was cutting edge in sandbox gaming. Sandbox gaming is becoming more and more popular, but this game was sandbox before sandbox was! But then a funny thing happened a few years back and every aspect of this game has become scripted, the box no long has much sand, everything is concrete.
Our Co-op does pretty well, as a group, and I have noticed most of the large and still functioning Co-ops are running pretty much the same was as I have always run Our Co-op. Our member can make deals with each other, help each other but that is not the purpose of our Co-op our biggest purpose is to each run our own farm as we see fit, and when our accomplishments give benefits to the co-op we all share in those benefits. In other words the benefits are gained because of our individual efforts, they are not the purpose of our efforts.

In the beginning, the limit was if you can plan it, you can do it. There were natural limits, as in you can only do each day according to what labor you had, what the weather allowed, and what funds you had. Pretty simple. Fame was something you sought because of awards, and titles. Transactions back then were not natural but for a long time they were not even something you worried about.

But then funny thing happened along the way to growing a big successful farm. MoshuX became for lack of better words the government, and like all governments he wanted to control more and more of your abilities to succeed and put more and more requirements in the way. Next came new buildings and systems but the regulations got in the way of most of that, and now he is building things that make no sense, cost way to much money because the game is broke and guys like me are generating huge sums of money with nothing to do with it. Thus we have the oil well, pumping out crude oil above 1* making fuel above 1* that serves no purpose in this game. And because it is worthless, the market value minimal, has not demand, and is a total waste of time, energy, money and value to the game.

The cost I don't care about, 15million of something I have no need for is no big deal, problem is it serves no purpose in this game, it makes nothing. I cannot even drill for 1* crude oil and make 1* fuel which is the only thing that has any need in this game, and truthfully I doubt if there is anyone in this game actually using fuel powered tools.

Fame should have its own rewards, its primary purposes should not be to stifle the purchase of land, and whether you can put in a pump and irrigations system, or a restaurant, Those building should be dependent on the cost to purchase and place not if I have enough high famed titled members as neighbors.

Transactions should be limited to how much I have to sell and how much money I have to buy and how much storage I have to store the stuff, not by some pulled out of the air number that has in no way kept up with the progress of my farm.

If you want to pull money out of the game, that's what taxes are for, and purchasing buildings and such from the game that add value to my farm. I should be allowed to buy ever plot of land you can afford to generate for me, I should be encouraged to produce as much stuff as I can with my employees, sell as much stuff as I can produce and every year the taxes should reflect the value of my farm, not the value of the limits put on my farm.

I am not sure how much work it took to add the new update, but for the Oil part of it, it was wasted. No one has any need or even use for the Oil well or Refinery. If its purpose is to soak it to those players who have been around longest to get them to leave. It may well be the most successful update ever. I see no purpose to ever visit the well or refinery again, it generates worthless stuff, that has the same properties of hay, it produces way to much, has no value in game, and requires way to many transactions to be used with not near enough income to be worth wasting the transactions. And like hay its just something that you have to dump to get rid of it as it also has no expiration date.

I come on here and post very seldom over the past couple years, I realize that most of what I say is not listened to, but today I am a little saddened. A game that has been part of my daily ritual for many years, that I felt might be the greatest sandbox browser game ever, has instead scripted itself, and updated itself into the realms of insanity. Today for the first time, I realize this may well be my last post ever in this game forum, and probably become something I will continue to check in on from time to time to ensure the Co-op is cared for, but I really see no real reason to play anymore and no purpose to continue producing anything on my farm.
Zeps

Postby Moshu-X » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:20 am

The last update was not tested enough before going live because I promised an update for cristhmas, I'll let it be for now so I could get feedback and modify if necessary. Games always loose players, and this game did it's time, the cost for advertising it surpass income so I greatly lowered the advert budget. Last month income was around 400USD, the lowest since the beginning of the game. That 's why it is time that I get my new game out and running, if not i cant finance my billion dollar yacht :D
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Zeps » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:30 am

Well Moshu-X if your done with this game then I guess the rest of us might as well be done too. I think most folks discovered your were done a long time ago.
Personally, I think your done long before the game is done, New farm games will continue to come out for years to come, some of them cutsie some of them real clicky, but this one has a great deal more depth than any of those, and potential. An as far as paying for the operations, over the years many folks tried to give you ideas to help you pay for the upkeep and that yacht. The fact that you can no longer make enough money to pay for the game is partially because I have no reason to buy sfp anymore have not for about three years, and that that I did buy to support you I could find no reason to spend since I could not buy any more land, (until you produced butterflies)

But this is a great lesson in two forms of business, one where the individual get to be in charge of his own enterprise, goals and ideas, a true sandbox look a the world and another where some regulator who gets to look down and throw out arbitrary limits and rules that make no sense and script every aspect of it.

For example a transaction limit, where you can perform only so many transactions a day, no matter if your selling hay or High dollar meals,

or You cant put in irrigation unless X amount of your neighbors can afford and have the titles to put in irrigation too.

or you cant have any more land, or certain buildings unless you get a better title.

Before you bury this game as dead, how about releasing some of the limits, maybe transactions, neighbors requirements on building projects, put in some more customizations and such for sfp, take off the co-op stamp on crops, and goods so we can use stuff in mission whether we trade them in exchange or buy them off the market to get fame up in both co-ops and individually . Then market it as FFG reborn.

You started with a sandbox game before sandbox games were, now more and more games are going sandbox while your game has become more and more scripted.

And before you release something like an oil well and refinery, how about having a purpose for it.
Zeps

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements