UPDATE 1.46 LIVE SERVERS

For official announcements concerning news and updates.

UPDATE 1.46 LIVE SERVERS

Postby Moshu-X » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:13 am

Hi farmers! Update 1.46 have reached the other servers ;) Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone! These were the modifications:

Buildings:
Crude Oil has been discovered in the Valley and Raw Salts in the Mountains!
Added a Salt Mining Building. Raw Salt could be mined from this building, it could only be built on Mountain tiles.
Added a Food Refinery where Raw Salt could be refined into useable Salt.
Added an Oil Pump where Crude Oil could be extracted, it could only be built on Valley tiles.
Added an Oil Refinery where Crude Oil could be refined into useable Fuel.
Beware these buildings and their associated upgrades are extremely expensive, they are for the high en players.

Accomplishments:
Added Crude Oil Extraction accomplishments.
Added Raw Salt Extraction accomplishments.
Added Crude Oil Refining accomplishments.
Added Food Refining accomplishments.

Skills:
Added Harvest Crude Oil Skill.
Added Harvest Raw Salt Skill.
Added Oil Refining Skill.
Added Food Refining Skill.

Crop:
Added a Sugar Cane crop in the Tuber/Bulb/Stem category. They are extremely fragile against cold and need alot of hot weather and water in order to grow.

Recipes:
Sugar Cane could be processed at the Food Refinery and will yield Sugar and Molasse.
Sugar Cane could be used in the Beverage Workshop and will yield Sugar Cane Juice and Bagasse.
Salt and Fuel recipes are default recipes. Refining Salt will also yield Feed Supplement, useable in some Organic Feed recipes.
Added a few Rum recipes for those thirsty Farmers out there!
Added some Organic Feed recipes. They are stronger than the Optimum Organic Feed!

Main Menu:
Added a listing of your farm assets, just like in the cooperative screen, but accessible through the main game menu.

Farm decorations:
Santa is coming to your farm with some garden gnomes, you could get them at the market for a very unreasonable price!
Some butterflies could be purchased with SFP. They are solely for decorating purposes but they are really cute!
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE 1.46 LIVE SERVERS

Postby Wigginsmum » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:44 am

1.46 isn't working properly on the UK. When I click on the far-right tab that's supposed to give a snapshot of my farm, it kicks me off my farm and just gives a black screen. I can just about see the words 'Not found' in the blackness.
Per ordure ad astra.
Wigginsmum

Postby Moshu-X » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:13 am

It should be working now ;)
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Moshu-X » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 pm

I've also reduced the minimum number of participants in challenges (to 3 minimum).
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Postby Zeps » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:58 am

Ok boss, now over the years some of your updates have pleased me, some not so much. But now this one.... well... I feel like such a lollipop...ok no a real sucker!!!!

I spent (I don't really know how many millions but last upgrade of my oil rig was 5million) first level 30 barrels, 2* now after two or three upgrades to building again last one was (let me repeat it here incase it was missed a second ago 5 million) and I am up to a whopping 48 barrels of 4* and occasional 5* or 3* crude oil.

Problem one, 5* crude oil sell for 1.51 a barrel. REally???? Crow feathers sell for more, pummace sells for more (you know the stuff that is left over after you stomp all the good stuff out of grapes)

So I am thinking well refining this stuff must really make a big jump. So I go over pluck down almost Million dollars to put in a Oil Refinery, I mean I am literally swimming in crude oil, were drinking it here, were bathing in it, we give it away in peoples stocking for Christmas, we have it in several qualities and abundant supplies of each, so lets just see what we can do in the oil refinery. Nothing, I open it up and click on the little make something cool icon and I get the word NONE in the list of recipes, REally??????? almost a million dollars plunked down for a refinery and it does not have any Idea what the heck to do with Ole Lake Crude Oil I have in my valley.

I mean I spent around 15million to go into the oil industry, I get one well, one refinery, I can get more oil off the freeway at rush hour than I can get from my 14million dollar oil well, and It cost me twice as much to buy a quart of cheap oil at the local auto parts store, than I can make selling a barrel of 5* crude on the market. And to add insult to injury I can get more gas out of a farting hamster than I can get out of my million dollar refinery.

Am I missing something, isn't it about Christmas, or has April Fools day come around again already??????? Oh one last question would it be wise to spend 3/4 of a million upgrading my refinery, I can upgrade technic and equipment 1 time each for that price, and save myself 10% energy not producing anything, and get the nothing I produce a 10% freshness boost. Seems like a real good deal to me....any thoughts??
Last edited by Zeps on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeps

Postby Zeps » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:25 am

Ok did the math, at the current rate of pumping, and the current price of crude oil, it will take me only 13,636,363 barrels of oil to break even. Not counting taxes and wages for the employees. Oh and all crops must be bulldozed as there will be no time for anything but pumping oil, if were ever going to make a profit.

So basically in 98 game years, I will break even. Or 12.96 real years.

I am thinking next we will be able to buy an amusement park, which will include a bridge over the Loch ness monster built on swamp land. A ride gliding over Sherwood Forrest on a paper airplane. A ride on a horse with no name, which will turn out to be a donkey. A journey to the center of the earth, on a slip and slide. A video game arcade all played on Atari computers. And a 5 star hotel where you stake out your own tent, the hotel will have a swimming pool (please see the bridge over the loch ness monster for locations of the pool, no lifeguard on duty, and a trip through a cemetery to see where FlipFlop and Manex's final resting place is, except I don't think Manex is dead yet and FlipFlop went into a stew a long time ago. And the cost for your own amusement park will be 49 million, but will generate Amusement park ticket sales. It will cost 100 energy to click on the ticket booth, and between 1 and 7 tickets will fall out of the ticket booth, which you can then sell on the market. The market price will be 18 cents a ticket.

Moshu I want royalties if you use my idea! I can really see things picking up when folks find out they can go broke 10 time faster with an amusement park than they can with an oil well, and 10 times faster with an oil well than they can with a farm.
Zeps

Postby spotty1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:04 am

Well Zeps, Moshu did warn you -Beware these buildings and their associated upgrades are extremely expensive, they are for the high en players- LOl I think in the bugs section someone mentioned the default recipes were not in for the new buildings. But I think Moshu is travelling for Christmas Ho Ho HO!
spotty1

Postby Zeps » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:58 am

Yeah pretty sure I would be on the run somewhere too if I just sold an oil well for 14million that produces oil that is so bad a barrel of it sells for less than a bottle of water. Then hooked the guy for another million for a refinery that produces nothing. He is probably going to hole up in some country where they will not extradite him for fraud charges, like maybe the north pole. Just be careful folks in case Santa decides to start filling your stockings with crude oil instead of coal, clearly oil is much cheaper than coal, and much more plentiful.

Santa watch out If you see a an elf poking around with the name MoshuX, he will probably try to sell you a water well for 140 million , and then a machine that turns it into snow, probably charge you another 10 million for it. The water will probably sell for a nickel and when you take it over to snow machine there wont be a recipe. I suspect that when the recipe finally does show up, you will find that it will make snow that you have to pay for folks to take it off your hands.

Seems to be the way were going here, every new update gives us something that cost more to build and makes less profit than anything before. I am starting to miss the good ole profitable days when USA1 was a new pup and you couldn't even find 2* manure to make Organic fertilizer with. If you were lucky enough to get a kitchen and some 2* eggs, you could make fried eggs and make a profit. If you had the kitchen and the chickens that laid those eggs, you were one of the wealthy farmers!!!!!

Hmmm seems if I remember right 2* fried eggs even sold for more than 5* oil does!!!!!
Last edited by Zeps on Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zeps

Postby Zeps » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:33 am

Ok now I was a little unhappy about the whole Oil industry flop part of this update. But the garden gnomes, they were kinda winning me back over. Then I found the butterflies, and for a few minutes I almost forgot about that boondoggle oil industry flop catastrophe swindle deal. Then it happened! This is to much, this is the last straw. I am going out cow tipping tonight. I have had all I can take. About 4 minutes into my daily farm work, I took a breather, (old and out of shape, need lots of breathers) anyway I look around to see all the pretty butterflies and I can only see one, the white one. I reload the page thinking them might be some of the most fragile and short lived butterflies ever in history, they are all back, so I watch them and slowly over a few minutes they all head over the river and off my screen. Now that's just not right! no sir!! Its just not right to steal a mans butterflies!!! I don't know who the heck lives on the other side of the river, and don't really care, if he or she wants to watch butterflies, he or she can buy their own darn butterflies.

Sell a guy a worthless 14million dollar oil well... not cool....fine!
Then sell him an even more worthless million dollar Refinery.....shame on you but still, fine!
Steal a mans Butterflies!! Them's fighting actions!!!!

I'd be coming over to visit someone with my shotgun if I hadn't had to pawn it to buy some fuel since I spent all my money an Oil endeavor and can't make a drop of my own fuel!!!
Zeps

Postby robert2534 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:04 am

Now come on Zep where is your sense of giving??? after all it's Christmas and it is always better to give than to receive. obviously you have receive a lot since you spend 15 millions for your oil rig and refinery. I only spend 5 million on a salt mine that does't work either and the program has been upgrading for the last 24 hours. What a game..
robert2534

Next

Return to Announcements