How i fixed my game lag

Got a suggestion to make this game better? If you have any good ideas post it here.

How i fixed my game lag

Postby Oli » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:54 am

Hi everyone.

Just thought i'd share something which was doing my head in every single day - game lag, spinning wheel etc.

First my system - it's a laptop, with windows7.

What was really annoying was how simple this fix was - PLUG THE POWER INTO YOUR LAPTOP.

I know this sounds rediculous but hear me out - playing this game was becoming a daily grind and pain in the derriere.
Now i've worked in IT for many years but this caught me out because nothing seemed to be "out" on my machine. I could browse the net fine, download fine, flash up to date, ping tests were the same as when i had the power in or out, didn't matter. HOWEVER, it DID affect FFG badly. The reason for this seems to be that when you take the power out your machine reverts to its default power saving setting which shifts wireless onto a lower "power saving" setting. The "gotcha" is that even if you set this setting to maximum performance when the power is out, it changed nothing with respect to playing the game and performance still sucked. And nothing else seemed to be affected - browsing, downloading etc - so this was a very deceptive problem and is either related to my specific laptop, perhaps a Windows flaw, or even flash.

Anyway, plug the power in and you'll never have another laggy day, and i'm not on a fast internet connection either.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Oli

Re: How i fixed my game lag

Postby Moshu-X » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 pm

This being a flash game, cpu power is needed direly. If your laptop reduces cpu usage because it is on energy saving mode, it is sure to impede on the the game display. Only a specific type of games uses your graphic card power (namely 3D flash games). Other than that, CPU power is the key ;)
Moshu-X
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions