animal feed

If you have any questions about the game, ask it here.

Re: animal feed

Postby steve64-farm » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Tehnique upgrades will greatly increase the freshness of your finished feed.
steve64-farm

Postby maferme » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Soonerland wrote:
maferme wrote:Hello every one,
in my case, i'm totally comfortable and understood the way feeding concept works, you will get there eventually, just follow every advice as i did 2 years, but my concern is the life pan time of the food we produce our self !!! 13 days for an 7* quality optimum organic feed, it's seams little, regardless the time and quality and consistency i can also give to my farm daily...
is there any thing i could do with my silo storage ? is increasing the technique will increase the expired date of my feed when increase freshness ?
Thank you for your comments please
Leon asia server
ma ferme

If I understand correctly, you say your feed only has 13 days until it expires? Using grains with a short life left in them WILL affect the amount of time that your feed is good for. By using fresher, longer to expire grains will lengthen the time that your feed is good for. And, yes upgrading your silo for freshness will increase the time your feed is good also. To maximize the freshness of your feed, use higher freshness grains & upgrade the freshness. Some of my feeds last more than the game year so I can harvest more grains without running out of feed for my animals.

Also, if your animals are not already 7* & you don't need a lot of the product they produce, eggs, milk, wool, etc.... then organic feeds may not be right for them.

Well thank you so much, of course you are both right, 1 of my ingredient always in my mix of ingredients was with shorter life time, so it had made the rest of ingredients too... and i would love to reach the autonomy of my own crops to feed my cows and chikens without having to buy on the market the complement of ingredients missing, when i run out of mine, do you realy think it's possible to extend eventually my feed by having my ingredients in stock lasting enough for next harvest season ?? Woua i love it...
thank for your answer
Leon
maferme

Postby maferme » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Willi123 wrote:Why 13 turns? Have a look at the recipe list and you will find, that each feed you produce have a expiry of 54 turns. That means, feed with 100% freshness will expire in 54 turns. The freshness depends on the lowest freshness of the ingredients you use.
Example:
Make Aloat:
Use Aloat with 100% freshness
use Oat with 50% freshness
-> the feed will have 50% freshness, that means it will expire in 54 * 50% = 27 turns.

You could increase the freshness by upgrading your silo with better technique, but you could not get a freshness of more than 100%. I don't know the exact numbers but they are shown when you select upgrade and hover over the field for better technique.

When the feed you had produced expires in 13 turns you used an ingredient with a freshness of about 24% freshness. (without silo upgrade).

The calculation of freshness is valid for all products made in workshop.

Well thank you so much, of course you are both right, 1 of my ingredient always in my mix of ingredients was with shorter life time, so it had made the rest of ingredients too....
thank for your answer
Leon
maferme

Postby Willi123 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 am

maferme wrote:.... do you realy think it's possible to extend eventually my feed by having my ingredients in stock lasting enough for next harvest season ?? Woua i love it...
thank for your answer
Leon

Yes. Latest you upgrade your silo with first level of "better technique" (+10% freshness) you should be able use feed from self grown cereals until next harvest. I don't know, how much chicken and cows you have but for me normally the problem is to grow enough cereals for the feed not the freshness.
Willi123

Postby Marole » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 pm

maferme wrote:
Soonerland wrote:
maferme wrote:do you realy think it's possible to extend eventually my feed by having my ingredients in stock lasting enough for next harvest season ??
As the feed has a longer max expiry date than the ingredients, make the feed as fast as you can, it will have a longer duration than the ingredients.
Marole

Postby estienne » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:56 pm

That is only partly true. If you have freshness upgrades for your silo, it can be worth keeping the grain for a while before making the feed. For instance, if you have 20% freshness improvement, 80% fresh grain will make 100% fresh feed.

Of course, space is almost always an issue for me, so I don't deliberately do this, but it does help enormously when cereals are harvested at different times.
estienne

Postby karenswoose » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:55 am

It is possible to make an all grain feed to last all year. I feed my animals regular optimum feed which I make once a year and it lasts till the next year. The organic feeds are a different story, though, because they use ingredients which have a much shorter shelf life. The best you can do with these is to plan on making feed twice a year, even with all the freshness upgrades you can get.
karenswoose

Postby Outlash » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 am

Here is another question about feeding animals.

I was wondering if this trick works: What about feeding your livestock at 105 quality, and full productivity, with hay to save feed. Will you lose ALL PRODUCTIVITY, or it will drop like hay by 1(in case of productivity by 5)?

Has anyone tried this? If it works we should be able to feed our livestock with only half of feed we used to make, and gain same productivity.
Outlash

Postby Erna » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 am

You will loose every bonus the minute you start feeding hay..... :(
Erna

Postby Outlash » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks for quick reply Erna.

But if you feed them once at 2 turns?
Outlash

PreviousNext

Return to Questions