animal feed

If you have any questions about the game, ask it here.

Re: animal feed

Postby Willi123 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:54 am

If your chickens are inside the value of 39/24 means your chicken have now a quality of 39 and will go to 24 with 1 point per turn. To increase the quality of your chicken you need one of the following feed:

3* Optimum feed (quality 45)
4* Advanced feed (quality 48)
5* Enriched feed (quality 50)
6* Balanced feed (quality 48)
7* ??? Xtra feed (quality 42)

The (quality ??) means the maximum quality you can reach with this feed. For example: If you feed your chicken with 3* optimum feed their quality will increase to 45 with 1 point per turn. After this the quality will not increase anymore until you use better feed.

You find this values on the market on the "browse receipes" button. Click the "Feed" icon (left one in the row) select a feed from the list on the left side. Then have a look at the table.
Example:
Advanced feed

Max Livestock Quality 12 24 36 48 60 72 84

The values are the maximum quality you can reach with 1* - 7* of this feed.
Willi123

Postby talu » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:37 am

ok thanks. I love to have animal but in this game its too hard for me and pointless - its too expensive to get rigth feed for them. most of may grops are in level 5 and buy feed is ......

heh maybe it isnt rigth game for me thats all
Mann
talu

Postby Bugio » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:38 am

If you just started, you shouldn't worry about animal quality just yet. Wait till you're experienced AND managed to get in a decent coop. Then you can think about using animals, you should have then enough land and organics to start raising your animals quality.
Bugio

Postby Soonerland » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:37 pm

talu wrote:ok thanks. I love to have animal but in this game its too hard for me and pointless - its too expensive to get rigth feed for them. most of may grops are in level 5 and buy feed is ......

heh maybe it isnt rigth game for me thats all
Mann

If you just started out, don't worry too much about the animals quality. I don't know which server you are on or what the season is there, but if it is spring, just let the animals outside. You won't have to feed them & as spring warms up & turns to summer, their quality will increase. You still have to water them or they will die, but you save on feed. On one of my farms I did away with all animals until later. I focused on raising crops to mill & sell & buy more plots. Farm expansion was my biggest concern, not animals... not yet.
Soonerland

Postby ma2oc » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Could it be her original join date and not how many turns she had played on that farm? I.e. could she have restarted the farm?
ma2oc

Postby Outlash » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:48 pm

What could happen if i don't feed my livestock?

The quality will stagnate or descrease or my animals will die?
Outlash

Postby Soonerland » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Outlash wrote:What could happen if i don't feed my livestock?

The quality will stagnate or descrease or my animals will die?

Yes to all. First they will decrease in quality THEN die after a couple turns of not being fed. Remember each turn is equivalent to 1 week, so not feeding for 3 turns is the same as starving your animals for 3 weeks. Same with watering. Same for your crops.
Soonerland

Postby maferme » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:36 am

Hello every one,
in my case, i'm totally comfortable and understood the way feeding concept works, you will get there eventually, just follow every advice as i did 2 years, but my concern is the life pan time of the food we produce our self !!! 13 days for an 7* quality optimum organic feed, it's seams little, regardless the time and quality and consistency i can also give to my farm daily...
is there any thing i could do with my silo storage ? is increasing the technique will increase the expired date of my feed when increase freshness ?
Thank you for your comments please
Leon asia server
ma ferme
maferme

Postby Soonerland » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:12 pm

maferme wrote:Hello every one,
in my case, i'm totally comfortable and understood the way feeding concept works, you will get there eventually, just follow every advice as i did 2 years, but my concern is the life pan time of the food we produce our self !!! 13 days for an 7* quality optimum organic feed, it's seams little, regardless the time and quality and consistency i can also give to my farm daily...
is there any thing i could do with my silo storage ? is increasing the technique will increase the expired date of my feed when increase freshness ?
Thank you for your comments please
Leon asia server
ma ferme

If I understand correctly, you say your feed only has 13 days until it expires? Using grains with a short life left in them WILL affect the amount of time that your feed is good for. By using fresher, longer to expire grains will lengthen the time that your feed is good for. And, yes upgrading your silo for freshness will increase the time your feed is good also. To maximize the freshness of your feed, use higher freshness grains & upgrade the freshness. Some of my feeds last more than the game year so I can harvest more grains without running out of feed for my animals.

Also, if your animals are not already 7* & you don't need a lot of the product they produce, eggs, milk, wool, etc.... then organic feeds may not be right for them.
Soonerland

Postby Willi123 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Why 13 turns? Have a look at the recipe list and you will find, that each feed you produce have a expiry of 54 turns. That means, feed with 100% freshness will expire in 54 turns. The freshness depends on the lowest freshness of the ingredients you use.
Example:
Make Aloat:
Use Aloat with 100% freshness
use Oat with 50% freshness
-> the feed will have 50% freshness, that means it will expire in 54 * 50% = 27 turns.

You could increase the freshness by upgrading your silo with better technique, but you could not get a freshness of more than 100%. I don't know the exact numbers but they are shown when you select upgrade and hover over the field for better technique.

When the feed you had produced expires in 13 turns you used an ingredient with a freshness of about 24% freshness. (without silo upgrade).

The calculation of freshness is valid for all products made in workshop.
Willi123

PreviousNext

Return to Questions