Moshu - query about Flash

If you have any questions about the game, ask it here.

Moshu - query about Flash

Postby Oli » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:45 am

Hi Moshu, hope you read this.

Are you going to continue this game given that Flash is going to be killed off? Obviously it involves you re-writing in a different code but are you prepared to do this?

Notification from Chrome this morning that by 2020 it's not going to be supported. What are your long term plans?

Cheers

Oli.
Oli

Re: Moshu - query about Flash

Postby giddermup » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 am

Hello,
I was wondering the same thing.
I've been dealing with the Facebook popups for a while now, but now I have to tell Chrome every time I open it up that I want to use Flash.
I really enjoy playing this game and hope that Moshu will continue to develop it. It's the most intelligent online farming game I can find. I get bored with simple games.
Please let us know what your plans are with Free Farm Game.
Thank you.
giddermup

Postby Oli » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Exactly what i think also. All the other farming games out there are bloody trivial. This is a game for all ages which is why i like it.

Now, all we need is for Moshu to respond.....dum ti dum ti dum.....;)
Oli

Postby Wigginsmum » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:29 pm

I sent him a message via the FreeFarmGame on Facebook a couple of days ago but didn't get a response. I wonder if the game would still work if you download an old version of Firefox and prevent it from auto-updating? I'm sad because I just came back after 3 year away, all eager to play the game, and it looks like it might on;y run for another 3-4 months. It would be such a shame to see it go.
Wigginsmum

Postby Wigginsmum » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:36 pm

I possibly tracked him down via the dungeonraider game he was developing a few years back - sent a message through its Facebook page so I'll let you know if he replies. He hasn't updated the DR forum since 2016. I presume someone is still paying the hosting bills or all the games would've gone down by now.
Wigginsmum

Postby Wigginsmum » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Remembered his real name so also sent him a message on Facebook and asked him to update the forum here, even if the news is that the game is going to die. Said there were a lot of sad fans who will miss the game if it goes, and at the very least we'd like to thank him for the past decade of fun and enjoyment. I remember playing the game on several occasions on my husband's laptop when I've been in hospital for surgery - it kept me sane.

I've done my best - got a phone number (coincidentally close to where I used to live in Europe) but I suspect that's for the registrar of the domains rather than Moshu himself. Found an email address so sent an email as well. We can only hope he responds - I've stalked him every which way I know ;)
Wigginsmum

Postby sandie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:07 am

If you still have Internet Explorer on your computer the game will still work. I use Crome. On Internet Explorer the only thing I have found awkward is when you are looking for your stock it reverts to a part page and you have scan down the page. It makes it a bit of a nuisance but still works. I hope that Moshu will change it for Crome.
sandie

Return to Questions